The Fund for BIDMC
The Fund for BIDMC raises unrestricted dollars that can be used immediately for a wide range of critical research, clinical, and educational initiatives. This type of funding is required to respond the changing health care landscape and maintain BIDMC’s mission as a pioneer in medical innovation.
Gifts of all sizes to The Fund for BIDMC allow the Medical Center to do the following:
- Research and pursue exciting new partnerships with other hospitals and physician groups across New England, such as Commonwealth Hematology-Oncology, the largest community-based private cancer practice in the region.
- Recruit the best and brightest physicians and scientists, such as new surgeon-in-chief Elliot Chaikof, M.D., Ph.D., and Division of Nephrology chief Martin Pollak, M.D., to keep the Medical Center at the leading edge of patient care, research, and education.
- Conduct innovative research projects, such as breakthrough cancer genetics research led by Pier Paolo Pandolfi, M.D., Ph.D., and continue technological advancements, such as a new method to evaluate muscle decline in ALS patients by Seward Rutkove, M.D.
- Train the next generation of physicians.
- Expansion of clinical spaces, like minimally invasive surgery suites
- Continue to provide unsurpassed, compassionate care.
The Impact of Annual Gifts
“I am convinced that BIDMC offers the right environment in which breakthroughs will happen. In fact, they already have.”
— Pier Paolo Pandolfi, M.D., Ph.D.
One of the leading cancer scientists in the world, Pier Paolo Pandolfi, M.D., Ph.D., discovered the genes underlying a rare form of leukemia, transforming its diagnosis from “terminal” to “curable” in almost all the young adults it strikes. Today, his goal is to apply his knowledge from this experience to a wider range of cancers.
Attracting world-class researchers like Dr. Pandolfi is vital to BIDMC maintaining its place among leading academic medical institutions. Thanks to unrestricted donations to the Annual Fund, the Medical Center has the resources to invest in the talent that makes it extraordinary as well as additional funds that enable these amazing clinicians and researchers to find cures and treatments to improve lives in Boston and beyond.
Make your annual gift today!
While unrestricted support allows BIDMC to provide enhanced care and discover innovative treatments for our community, restricted support to specific care centers is also appreciated as part of the annual giving program. For more information, please contact Jen Routhier at 617-667-4566 or firstname.lastname@example.org.