Grateful Nation FAQs
What is Grateful Nation?
- Grateful Nation is an interactive, charitable community, developed by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, where members come together, share, learn, and contribute by expressing and practicing gratitude.
- Grateful Nation is a BIDMC program that provides ideas, tools, and encouragement for people to say thank you and/or give back both online and offline.
- gratefulnation.org is an online destination where people can practice and indulge their gratitude in a multitude of ways.
- Grateful Nation is a BIDMC-powered outlet for expressing and practicing gratitude.
- Grateful Nation is a fundraising program designed to empower grateful patients, families, friends, and staff of BIDMC to support the quality care and groundbreaking research at the medical center.
Who are the members of Grateful Nation?
- Grateful Nation is composed of anyone who is grateful whether a patient at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a family member, a friend, or really, anybody who wants to show and practice gratitude. There’s something for everyone at Grateful Nation!
How are Grateful nation and BIDMC related?
- Grateful Nation was developed by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to provide a forum for grateful people to give back, express their gratitude, and connect with others. While affiliated with BIDMC, anyone can be a part of Grateful Nation!
Is there a cost to joining Grateful Nation?
- No, there is no cost to join Grateful Nation. We are thrilled to bring together people to practice gratitude -- whether by giving back, sharing a story, sending a free eCard to say thank you to someone, or attending an event.
What benefits are there to being a member of Grateful Nation?
- Being a member of Grateful Nation connects you with others who are also grateful and who want to practice gratitude in a social and interactive way.
If I make a donation, where does my money go?
- Donations through Grateful Nation support world-class care and research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Gifts can be made in honor, in memory, or in celebration of someone, including caregivers, and can be designated to specific disease areas or applied to "where it’s needed the most.”
What will my donation support?
- Your donation through Grateful Nation will support world-class care and research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Who does GN benefit?
- Grateful Nation benefits the world-class care and research done at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, whose mission is to advance medicine, enhance compassionate care, and reduce disease in Boston and beyond.
Can I designate my donation?
- Yes, you can designate your donation to one of several disease/clinical areas at BIDMC, including: cancer care, digestive diseases, OB/GYN, cardiovascular health, Neurosciences and others.
Are there other ways I can financially support Grateful Nation, besides sending an outright cash donation?
- Absolutely! Grateful Nation allows you to express gratitude in many different ways. You can send an eCard to thank your caregiver or someone special or share your story. You can sign up to attend an event, or even set up a fundraising event of your own!
Is it safe to make a credit card transaction through gratefulnation.org?
- gratefulnation.org is a secure, fully compliant Web site. Your transaction is safe and protected to the full extent of the law.
Will I be solicited or contacted if I join?
- If you choose to join Grateful Nation, we will be contacting you with information on ways to practice gratitude and give back. You can optout of these communications at any time.
If I have questions about GN, who should I contact?
If I have technical questions, who should I contact?
Can you explain your not-for-profit status?
- Grateful Nation is powered by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Boston-based, non-profit health care institution. Funds raised by BIDMC are used to advance medicine, enhance compassionate care, and reduce disease in Boston and beyond; donations through Grateful Nation are tax-deductible.
Are there any volunteer opportunities at BIDMC?